Tuesday, August 24, 2010

He went to Jared!

     Since this blog is going to follow us on our journey from proposal to forever, I thought I would start out with "the story." For those of you who don't know me, Jason and I have been together almost 7 years (started dating January 1, 2004).  When I was a little girl I used to have a dream that I would marry someone whose name started with a "J", but could never see his face and never could remember his name when I woke up. We were 11 and 12 the first time we ever saw each other. We met several times throughout the years (he says I was mean to him when we were 11 so he blew me off when we were 14...another blog), but never really talked again until December 22, 2003--that was the night that changed my life forever. We started talking that night and have pretty much been inseperable ever since. I have always been old for my age so I have been nagging him to get married since we graduated high school in 2006, but he is the rational one and convinced me that we should wait until we were both finished with school. He finished Tool and Die school in May and landed a great job, so naturally my nagging kicked into full gear. I had melt downs quite frequently and am not particularly happy about it, but needless to say, he loves me anyway!
      Anyway, back to "the story". My 22nd birthday was this past Saturday. Naturally, I thought he had not gotten me anything for my birthday since I did not see him with any gift. I had a melt down on Tuesday night regarding our engagement (or lackthereof) status and he laughed and asked me if I could please continue to be patient (yeah right) a couple more months while he got his finances in order. I sucked it up and said "okay", but inside I was dying! I had four days to completely convince myself that I was absolutely, positively, no way in the world going to be getting a ring for my birthday!  So, as I convinced myself I was not getting the ring, Jason kicked his plan into action. He told me since he was saving for a ring he was going to cook me breakfast in bed for my birthday which I was okay with because it was a very sweet gesture. At 6:00 A.M. the morning of my birthday (Saturday morning), Jason woke me up to tell me he had to run to wal-mart to finish getting some things for my breakfast. I shook it off and went back to sleep (although, my mind wheels were turning still thinking that he may propose, but then slapping myself for thinking that awful thought! Give the poor boy a break, Tara, he's working his tail off to get you what you want, stop being such a brat, blah blah...) Well, about thirty minutes later he returned, empty handed, with the saddest puppy face I have ever seen. He couldn't find what he needed from wal-mart to complete my breakfast. He asked me right then, still with the saddest look on his face, if I wanted my present now or later. Well, if you can't tell already, I'm a bit of a brat, so of course, I wanted my present right then...breakfast I thought. He proceeded to tell me that he had this elaborate plan of how he was going to do this, but in true Jason fashion it fell through. He then got down on his knee and told me I was his soul mate and pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen! I, of course, bad hair/morning breath and all, leapt out of the bed and screamed "yes"!  I couldn't have been more surprised or happy!  He truly is the guy they make movies about..kind, gentle, compassionate..the ones you think don't exist, but he's real life people! After we celebrated a little by ourselves, I ran to tell the rest of my family...they were supposed to be helping, but my mom was late and my sister was still asleep. After the fact, though, they brought out roses and a congratulations banner with crowns (courtesy of my Dad and Sister). We have no pictures from this morning as I looked like complete death, but that's ok! I will never forget the look on his face when he asked me and I'm sure he won't forget the swamp looking lady that almost crushed him hugging him so tight!




     So in the midst of all of this I pretty much forgot it was my birthday, but we all went to breakfast to celebrate both occasions that morning and then went to dinner with friends at Bluefin later that night. To top the night off, we ate at the Cheesecake Corner in downtown Memphis. It is in a pretty rough neighborhood, but if you can get past that, the cheesecake is EXCELLENT!

     Needless to say, I had a fantastic birthday, but now reality has set in and I have NINE MONTHS to get this wedding together!  That's not long at all...hopefully panic will not ensue and I can reign myself in a little!

Thanks for reading today and I hope you enjoyed...I'm sure if you stick around you'll laugh frequently!

6 comments:

  1. congrats to you both! this will be such a fun time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! I'm so excited for you and I always knew you'd be first even though you doubted it! haha love you and I will see you when I get back for christmas! Oh, and if anybody can plan a wedding in 9 months it's you, you have plenty of party planning experience under your belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, since I can't have sleeves can I at least NOT have pastel? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no pastels are definitely a negative please! you got 1 white girl here buddy. this skin hasn't seen the sun for over a year. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i'll agree with the pastels if everyone else is!

    ReplyDelete