Sunday, November 7, 2010

The toll of starting a life

Everyone told us it would be hard. There would be days where things would not always go as planned and there would be stress. Try magnifying that times 1 bazillion and that's how I feel right now. It's 4:27 am and here I lay, after being awake for almost two hours with horrendous heartburn and nausea stressing about what you ask... Buying our first house. We think we have found "the one" and I'm so excited, but a ball of nerves at the same time. This house is perfect for us. It's 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, formal dining, formal living, den, office, tons of closet space, and it has a shop in the back already which was the major selling point for J. We absolutely love it. I stood looking down the hall from the formal living room and could see my future babies running down the hall in their Christmas pajamas... Yes, its that perfect. Why am I scared then you may ask? I don't know!!! My dear cousin whom I trust in these matters tells me that it's normal to feel sick and lose sleep and I do think that's what it is. I know we can afford it but I guess it's kind of fearing the unknown. I don't have pictures right now since the deal hasn't even started rolling ( I said I wanted to sleep on it... Wonder if this counts?) Hopefully we will have something started by this evening and I can share more details. 
    Until then... Fingers crossed and tums in pocket! 

2 comments:

  1. I think that is normal! I've bought two houses. The piece of advice I can give is this: if the home is at the top of your price range, think long and hard. My husband's great-paying job is gone, and we don't get to do much outside of our house because we're "house poor." Don't wanna discourage you, but I wish I had listened to my dad... Your picture is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Tara! I'm sorry you're stressing out so much over this! I know it's a big deal! I can't imagine buying a house of my own right now. Of course we all knew you would be the first encountering these big life changes, and I know you will conquer them with ease! I have faith in both of you! CALL ME sometime and tell me all about it! I can't wait to hear! I'll be home over Thanksgiving and maybe I can have a sneak peak?? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete