Sunday, September 26, 2010

Registry

    Hey everyone! Sorry I have been such a slacker lately. Between school, work, and MSU football, we haven't had much free time. This past weekend we went to Starkville for the Georgia game. Mom took pictures (my camera died), but it was so hot, they all turned out terrible..you know the types of pictures with sweat-matted pieces of hair on your forehead. Needless to say, I will not be adding any to the blog today. So sorry.
     Anyways, today I am blogging to ask your help with gift registry. Tonight, Jason and I have been looking at different stores online and what they have on their checklists as "must haves" for your registry. We are a little clueless in this department and thought maybe some of you could give us feedback on what you found most helpful and most useless when it came to wedding gifts. I am a big cooker, so I am thinking kitchen appliances and cookware are going to be most important to me. I also LOVE decorative platters and those type things, but they are just so expensive at some of the major stores. Also, when do you register? (We have about 8 months until W-Day.) Target and Bed Bath and Beyond both say to get 8-12 piece place settings...is that too much? FYI we are not planning on registering for fine china, just really cute everyday things that we can accent with a few nice pieces..totally Jason's idea ;)Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
    That's about all for tonight. We have another busy week of school and work coming up followed by another full weekend in Starkvegas. The weekend of October 9 I am finally going wedding dress shopping. We had it planned for September 18, but Liza made the travel squad (her and her partner were the only freshman..YAY for them), so we had to reschedule. We have appointments at David's Bridal and Low's so, fingers crossed, I will find THE dress that day since I am technically behind. Happy work week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that kitchen appliances and cookware would be most useful. I would recommend picking higher quality items--we picked cheaper stuff and had to replace it after a few years.

    Also, I agree with picking reasonably priced everyday dishes. I think 8 settings would be plenty--we have been married about 5 1/2 years and have only broken one piece total, but it does happen:)We've never had the need for more than 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fyi,get a nice set of everyday dishes and stay away from the China. Trust me, you will never use it. It's nice to have though,but a pain to keep clean. lol. I would suggest getting some pottery or Arthur Court serving pieces. Those you will defintely use some. Pleanty of everyday applicances. If you don't have a outside grill, get one for Jason...Lord knows that was something at the top of Jeff's list when we got married 8 1/2 yrs ago. Something about a man and his grill I just dont know..lol. Anywho, those are my suggesstions. Congrats again Tara!!!

    ReplyDelete